Coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention measures for patients
Dr Rose Mak cares about the health and safety of patients, staff and our community.
We would like to update you on some important information regarding COVID-19 (Corona virus):
- Our clinic is currently open.
- We are pleased to offer online (telehealth) consultations from the comfort of your own home as an alternative option. If you wish to further consider this option, please contact (03) 8535 4798 and our reception team will help you decide on the best appointment type and advise on fees.
- Phototherapy is available at the Collins Street clinic and we are performing extra cleaning measures between each patient.
- It is important that you do not attend appointments or visit our clinic if you have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath. If you feel unwell, please contact your GP for advice. If you required advice about COVID-19 testing you may discuss this with your GP or ring the government COVID-19 triage hotline on 1800 020 080.
- If you have been overseas within the last 14 days or think you may have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with coronavirus, please do not visit our clinic or attend appointments. Instead, please follow the Australian Government Department of Health guidance about self isolation at home. If the above situations are applicable to you and you need to be in self isolation, please contact us on (03) 8535 4798 to reschedule appointment or discuss online/telehealth dermatology consultation.
- When possible, please attend your appointment alone. Please do not bring family members or children to the practice to accompany you for a visit unless absolutely necessary.
- Please sanitise your hands. You will find sanitiser at the practice entrance and throughout the practice.
We have taken a number of preventative measures including:
- We have increased space between chairs in our waiting room for appropriate social distancing.
- Please stand away from reception desking during visit check in and pay with cashless payment method when possible.
- Phototherapy machine is cleaned between all patients with hospital grade disinfectant.
- We have removed magazines and toys from the waiting room.
Our staff have taken measures including:
- Wash or sanitise hands after every patient as per usual practice.
- Wipe down all equipment with alcohol wipes and hospital grade disinfectant as per usual practice.
- Minimise contact with anyone attending clinic.
- Keep your time in clinic to a minimum.
If you would like further information about the Coronavirus, please refer to:
Department of Health website coronavirus information – https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/ for the latest advice.